The Northeast Earth Coalition, Inc., (NEEC) works at the community level to protect the environment and promote local sustainability and food security. The NEEC supports the work of community and environmental activists who give hope for a better future.
- We believe that a strong local food system contributes to the health of our entire community, and we will work to facilitate greater understanding of the social, economic, and environmental impacts of our food choices.
- We support small family farms, urban farming projects, community vegetable gardens, and backyard food production. We believe in promoting a healthier society through education about and appreciation of local, fresh, sustainably raised produce and products.
- We see the growth of community vegetable gardens as an effective strategy to make healthy organic produce accessible to low income families, ensuring that all members of our community have access to fresh local foods.
- We promote energy conservation and the integration of renewable, sustainable energy into local communities through advising local organizations and individuals, demanding better energy policies, and participating in local energy projects.
- We support the promotion of sustainable eco-friendly transportation, including biking, walking, and the development of accessible, reliable, and affordable public transportation.
- We envision a region where people can coexist and prosper in harmony with their environment. To this end, we promote the preservation and restoration of the natural environment.
Author J. K. Rolling said, “We are only strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” Knowing that we are all related and that everything is connected, we must work together and support each other in our daily struggle to make our region a more livable and sustainable place.
We invite you to be part of this new adventure and help us to expand this coalition environmental activist’s, in New Jersey and beyond. Let’s put together our resources and talent to support our communities and make the difference.
J. German, Founder